Sunday, July 1, 2012

Conclusion

I have now conducted this experiment for a full month, and am concluding it with this post. It's been an educational month. I'm a very ungrateful person. I wake up with a start in the middle of the night realizing, "I didn't write my prayer of gratitude today..." because I didn't take the time to notice things. And so I will sit in bed and replay the day in my mind until I come across something special that happened that I ought to have taken the time to thank God for earlier, but didn't. I constantly chide myself for not noticing the countless blessings God sends my way. But the good news is that I notice them more than I did a month ago. 

This outward, public experiment in gratitude is drawing to a close. At least, I no longer intend to post on a daily basis. But the work wrought in me through having an attitude of gratitude to my Father is, I pray, lasting. I intend to continue noticing things, and thanking God for them, and drawing closer to Him through deepest thanksgiving. 

Thank you to those who read along with me, noticed things with me, or prayed for me as I asked at the beginning of the experiment. I hope that I was able to encourage some of you to also live more grateful lives. 

I thank you, Father, for the innumerable blessings for which I will never be able to thank you enough. 

1 comment:

  1. Stephen, Thank you for sharing a months worth of gratitude via your blog. It's helped me pause and thank God more frequently for the blessings in my life. I haven't read every entry (yet) but I have read many, and appreciate them. I know you say that this "experiment" is drawing to a close, but I do hope you will post here every so often. You've got a great perspective, and I enjoy reading your posts.
    Thank you for sharing a part of your life here,
    : )
    Lori Dees

    ReplyDelete