Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Try Eucharisto

Like so many others, in reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, I am inspired to lead a life marked by gratitude to God my Father. To live a eucharisto kind of life. To notice the innumerable gifts he gives, and thank Him for them. I want to be enthralled with life, to fall in love with love itself, to burst with joy at the thought of the myriad blessings our Creator God bestows and revel delightedly in every unique and precious moment that I draw breath. 

And so, this blog. This "experiment in gratitude." This blog is not a promise or a vow or a resolution to be a better person, but merely an attempt at a healthier lifestyle. This my effort, and invitation to any who feel they could use more gratitude in their lives, to "try eucharisto." Try thanksgiving. 

I will not be compiling a list of 1000 things I'm grateful for, as Ms Voskamp did, though I love the idea. Rather, my intention is to notice at least one gift, one beautiful or heartwarming or exciting or creative or inspiring moment, every single day, and thank God for it. To notice the details, the things about the gift that make it so special, and exult in its giving. 

And finally, I invite any who wish to join me in this experiment to do so. Pray for me as I try to live a life of thanksgiving to the Giver, and tell me to pray for you. Write to me, or leave me comments, to tell me of a gift that you were given today, and we will see what comes of this. We will see what happens when one tries eucharisto.

No comments:

Post a Comment